Friday, December 9, 2011

What’s in a Gift?


October 8, 2011. The three of us, two (2) of my bestfriends Lovi and Lovelita and I, agreed to a lunch date at Chowking @ KCC Mall, General Santos City. 

While waiting for my dates, I was mindlessly looking at the shoppers, busy shopping and bringing out their goods from the mall. I also casually observed a throng of teenagers nearby waiting for the cinemas to open. I was so engrossed looking at the other mall goers that I was so dumbfounded when someone covered my eyes with two hands. It was unexpected. I guessed as to who my guest was, and finally, she uncovered my eyes. It was Lovelita! The ever thoughtful friend since high school days.

I was so surprised and got teary-eyed. She bought me this! One-stemmed red rose and a cute cup cake with candle for me to blow....


Later, Lovi joined us and also brought with her great news (Papsie's financial support for my bar exam ~)... What can I ask for?

The feeling that someone took efforts in making you feel special is too overwhelming. I am an independent person and used to be doing this kind of thing to my family. I do not succumb to the idea of being pampered myself. But alas, I was! 

We further celebrated my birthday with a simple lunch. And more – we had our whole day chatting about our high school days, about our plans and especially, our lovelife. :) 

It made my day! I felt so special, young and carefree! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;